Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sherwood Oaks - Bloomington, IN

If you’re in Bloomington Indiana and in the mood for a “Pitch & Putt” course, give Sherwood Oaks a shot.


The bright side of this course is that it was very clean and landscaped nicely. It also has concrete tees for each of its nine holes. Built on church-grounds, I feel like the influence of the Divine had a positive impact on my game.


I played the course with three others that were relatively new to the sport. For my friends, this was a great place to go outside and have some fun on a perfect day.


Though I did enjoy myself, there was not much in the way of creativity for course design. Most holes are wide open and have slight elevation changes. The flow of the course was relatively easy to follow, but there were few physical markers that separate holes. This sometimes made me think twice as to what basket I was throwing to.


Overall, I think it’s great that a church decided to add a disc golf course to their grounds. I think they made a good use of the land they had available, but it’s important to remember that the primary purpose for the grounds is for a church and not a disc golf course. Also, the course has Indiana geography going against it. Yup, Indiana.


Variety: 2

Terrain: 2

Flow: 3

Cleanliness: 4

Overall: 3

No comments: